Images are representations only.
Praetorian Fiber Optic Sensing for Pipeline Monitoring and Leak DetectionBrand: Hawk Measurement Systems
The Praetorian Fiber Optic Sensing System can be installed on a buried or unburied pipeline and can immediately detect pipeline leakage, ground disturbances, manual and machine excavation, theft, hot tapping and vehicle movement.
The Fiber Optic System continually monitors large spans of pipeline, looking for vibration and temperature changes. Once a detection occurs, the system alerts the operator or security personal to the exact location of disturbance in the pipeline. This type of real-time intelligent monitoring is critical to operating efficiently and protecting valuable assets.Features
- Praetorian can function on applications where either the product is invisible (gas) or the pipeline cannot be visually inspected (buried).
- Immune to the effects of a broken or cut fiber
- Fiber optic sensing detects not only the presence of the leak but its specific location.
- Self-diagnostics monitor the unitÍs condition and maintain optimum performance
- No maintenance or calibration require after commissioning
- Monitor up at 80 km (50 mi) at the same time.
- 24/7 real-time monitoring
- Fiber Optic Sensing Cable
Number of Channel
- 1 or 2
- 110-240 Vac (50/60 Hz), 24 Vdc
- Conveyors: Up to 50 kms (31 miles) Per Channel
- Temperature: -250° to 700° C (-418° to 1,292° F)
- Interrogator: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Interrogator: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Operating: 10 % to 85 % @ 40° C Non-Condensing
- Storage: 10 % to 95 % @ 40° C Non-Condensing
- Laser (Infra Red) Class 1M
Laser Wave Length
- 1,550.12 nm (Nanometers)
- ± 5 pm (Picometers)
Processor Transfer Rate
- 64 Bit (Ultra High Speed)
- Modbus Over Ethernet (Standard), Relay and USB
- ± 0.25° C (± 32.45° F)
Resolution /Sensing Distance
- 0.01° C (32.018° F) / 100 km (62 miles)
- Oil (Crude of Refined)
- Gas (Any Type)
- Mining Tailings
- Water/Waste Water